Creative Journey Studios has nurtured relationships with artists from around the world to foster the love of polymer clay. We invite these artists to teach their techniques and ideas to small groups of eager students at our facility. Classes range from single day one-on-one for those new to working with polymer to multi-day workshops from leading artists in the polymer world. We have created a comfortable, well lit classroom that fosters the sharing of information and successes.
- January 17-19, 2020 Ellen Prophater ~ $325 Mokume Plus
- January 24-26, 2020 Ellen Prophater ~ $325 Mokume
- March 4-8 (Wed. thru Sun.), 2020 Donna Greenberg ~ $600 Pushing Boundaries—From Concept to Completion
- April 3-5, 2020, Bettina Welker ~ $385 Bracelets
- April 22-24 (Wed. thru Fri.), 2020 Jeff Dever ~ $395 Vessels and Wire Formed Elements
- May 22-24, 2020 Meisha Barbee ~$375 Surfaces and More
- June 5-7, 2020 Ellen Prophater~ $325 Design
- June 19-21, 2020 Julie Picarello ~ $395
- July 17-19, 2020 Alice Stroppel ~ $375 Cane Mapping
- August ?, 2020 Lynda Gilcher –$375 Extruder Mastery
- September 4-6, 2020 Lindly Haunani ~ $385 Color Studies
- October 2-4, 2020 Laura Tabakman ~ $385
- November 13-15, 2020 Ana Belchi ~ $390
Classes run from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM with a time set aside to run to lunch. We are fortunate to have several good choices for lunch right here at the center and right across the street.
We are happy to take your deposit as soon as you have checked your schedule and have determined that you want one of the twelve spots available. Closer to the time of the class, we will send out more information on what to bring to class. We will post further descriptions of the classes as they become available from the instructors. We try to highlight the artist’s work in the gallery so you can know what to expect. We also try to have a trunk show ahead of class so you can meet the artists and have first crack at their new work.
In order to be able to book the teachers’ travel we need a firm committment, so we have instituted a $100 non-refundable deposit at the time of sign-up and full payment of the balance 90 days prior to the class. If we have to cancel the class, you will be refunded any payments you have made. We will maintain a wait list to try and fill you spot, but make no promises.
We are planning a series of pre-class trunk shows for the artists to showcase their work to the community as well as to the students. Make sure you follow us on Facebook to see when these exclusive events are to occur.